Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr PTA
General Membership Meeting
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017
5:30 – 7 p.m.
Dr. MLK Jr School Library
- Opening business ( 1 min)
- Call to order
- Confirmation of quorum
- Teacher’s report
- Brandon Rymer-Share about Technology (3 min)
- Mrs. Yolanda Coleman- Teacher feed back on conflict resolution.
- Principal’s report (5 min)- Vice Principal Mrs. Coleman to present
- President’s report (5 min) – Building bridges in order to create safe spaces for parent/faculty dialogue.
- Secretary’s report – approve last month’s minutes ( 1 min)
- Treasurer’s report – audit committee
- Fundraising Report –
a. recent fundraising events updates – book fair
b. Auction – March 10th
c. Sponsorship letter- If you would like a digital copy, please email us at
- Committee Updates
a. Middle School/Tubman update – Shei’meka Invite PTA members to attend (and report back on) the upcoming Tubman meetings. **PLEASE SIGN UP if you can help**.
b. Academics — Nick Mathern
c. BSE ——– Shei’Meka Owens
d. SUN ——– Sharde Dennis
e. Garden ——- Tom Becker
f. Band/Music —- Danise Elijah
g. Communications —— Wendie Siverts
h. Events —– Heidi Wellington
i. MIP —– Letha Tawney
j. Auction —— Kenny Butler
k. Hospitality —– Chrissy/Daphne
KSMOCA -a visit for the Dr. MLK Jr. School community to visit the Children’s Museum to see the KSMoCA exhibition on a Saturday in January & possible activities we could organize. (GO or No-GO)
- Courageous Conversations
Shei’Meka will guide a brief discussion (as time permits).
**Please Note: Latino Parents now meet every 1st Wed from 8:45-9:45.**
a. Dec 17th- Jan 1st : School is out!
b. Jan 8th- SUN Winter term starts
c. Jan 9th – next PTA meeting
d. Jan 11th- next Tubman Middle School community meeting at Sabin School
- March 10th 2018- AUCTION- SAVE THE DATE!
- Debrief– fill out Feed Back Forms
Adjourn- Thank You for investing your time into our Children’s futures!!!
We Hope you all have a Wonderful Winter break!!!!